Why How to Print?
How to Print was created to empower our clients and the public in the steps, processes, terminology and options available to them in order to successfully complete their print projects. After 40 years in the print business this is our opportunity to give back to our clients and the industry that has been so kind to our family.
Why are other printers advertising on your site?
We know we cannot print everything everywhere, we would like to but the logistics and economics just aren’t there for our clients. So, after significant internal debate we believe that Google and its Geo Targeted Ads allows our readers to realize that there is a significant supplier base in close proximity to them.
Why are you doing this for free?
We love printing, our staff, our clients, and the industry! This site is a testament to everyone’s hard work and generous nature of those in the Printing Industry. We are not trying to sell you any product or services, we just want others to be empowered, enjoy the process and receive the best product possible.
We have been in business for over 40 years and have seen, experienced, and been a part of thousands of Printing Projects. Our family owns Franchises, Production Facilities, and we work with Specialty Production Houses, Trade Printers, Print Brokers and an entire group of suppliers in the print industry. The benefit is that our experience will be documented within these pages to empower the public.
We have the privilege of working with Fortune 500 Companies, Government Agencies, Ad Agencies, Small and Medium Enterprise, individuals, and trade printers. We have printed everything from 1 sheet to 10,000,000 pieces so we feel that we have experienced most projects and have the relationships with clients from different industries, with different requirements and that this insight and experience can help you accomplish your goals.
We have started off with 10,000 pages and will publish new articles everyday to help further your understanding, and ours, of the following:
- Project Overview/Project Types
- Terms Definitions of each element of the printing process
- Printing and Finishing options available for your specific type of print project
- Best Practices/Correct Processes/Tips and Tricks/Resources
- Advantages and Disadvantages of each process in the printing process
- Managing expectations
- How to submit your files correctly?
- How do I ask for a correct quote?
- We will provide templates for you to work with
- What are the correct tools to use?
- Where can I get the resources I need to create my project?
- Why is good design so important?
- What are the industry best practices?
- What are the options available for my project?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of printing a certain way?
- How do I reduce my cost of printing?
- When starting a business what printed materials do I need?